What Is Bespoke Software?
Bespoke software is customised software which caters to specific requirements of a business. Bespoke software is popular because it is created to meet the precise business requirements or legislative objectives. In the recent times, companies are hiring expert software developers to create uniquely designed software to meet the critical needs of different businesses. Software development services are now uniquely targeted toward creating customised solutions for business which other solutions fail to offer.
Bespoke software development is a unique approach which is completely different from the off-the-shelf products. This application is not for everyone or every business type because it is based on the concept that each business has separate requirements and any common software will not be able to serve the purpose of all businesses.
Traditional businesses often have a different way of carrying out their daily works. For instance, manual accounts recording is quite widespread where accounting records are maintained totally manually. No software is used to maintain invoices or employee leave applications. Often clerks or other employees maintain manual records which are prone to errors, mistakes and duplicates. The main disadvantage of developing a customised software is speed and errors. Manual accounting takes time and mistakes do occur which take further time and effort to get corrected.
How Bespoke Software Helps
Several companies, using traditional methods have faced difficulties in their processes. Speed was a common problem along with errors. It was difficult to verify and re-verify data which involved a lot of time and of course money. With time, the need for an automated and efficient system was felt which helped in increasing productivity. This is one of the reasons for the development of customised software. Bespoke software helps businesses in many ways - some of which are mentioned below:
- Improves Productivity: When customised solutions are used, employees are really happy or content. This is because they have software which caters to their specific requirements. With such tailor-made solutions, they can do their jobs quite efficiently because the software is made totally fit for a specific purpose. The software addresses individual needs or requirements. The process gets simpler. When employees are happy and work without any grievances, it certainly helps in improving productivity.
- Save Costs: Bespoke software helps in saving time as well as costs by sorting difficulties associated with off-the-shelf-software. Such kind of software is not tailor-made as per the specific business requirement, which means additional tasks need to be done to make it fit for use. Thus, it requires changes or maintenance or modifications during usage which means greater costs. With customised software, there are no such difficulties since the software is created as per the needs of the business. Thus, there are no lost productivity hours due for making tweaks in the software.
- Improved Workflows: With the use of Bespoke software, the businesses processed are better managed since individual problems are solved with the help of such customised solutions. Companies hire expert software development professionals for creating the Bespoke software. Such professionals take into consideration the objectives of the business and the business process as they develop the customised software. Thus, the software addresses all your specific requirements which help in ensuring your work is efficient, it is faster and also simpler. Thus, the work flow is simple and can be carried out without any disruption.
- Electronic Documentation: Businesses which use manual data and form can easily integrate into customised solutions. All manual data and documentation can be easily converted electronically. Once this takes place, it gets easier to continue business processes in the new automated form. The process is smooth and efficient because the number of errors and mistakes are reduced.
- Efficiency: With specialised software, the entire work process is fast. Since everything is automated work can be done quickly. This increase efficiency and speed of completing a task.
Work Smarter and Remotely
Businesses using Bespoke software can access their data from any location and anytime. This is a cloud based web application development, which means that any one can access the work document online from any location. It is easier to collaborate with colleagues, complete tasks online and save documents online. Professionals do not necessarily have to work from one location or the same machine to access files online. Thus, working remotely is possible; it is fun and more productive since work never stops due to non-availability of documents.
Bespoke software is indeed a boon for modern businesses. With such tailor-made solution, it is easier to run your business quite efficiently. This software helps businesses to save time as well as money in the long-run. This is quite vital because if business productivity increases, the business is going to succeed in the long run. The struggles are going to reduce with time.
Every business have their own way of work. Not all ready made software can deliver the requirements of these businesses. Sometimes, it is more cost efficient to build a customised software or middleware to address these issues.
Do you have a requirement in your business that require some sort of automation or digitisation of documents or workflows?
Contact our experts for a consultation and get a quote.