COVID-19 has impacted our ways of living!
The pandemic has changed everything – the way we study, shop, carry out our official work, meet people and even the way we plan to operate, grow, and maintain our business. Businesses are changing their strategies to tackle the uncertainties caused due to the pandemic. Businesses have already re-examined their marketing strategies and the way they grow to expand their business.
If you have a business and still have not changed your business strategies, here are some ideas which can be of help. Remember, the battle with COVID is a long one and we need to survive financially and mentally as well.
So, the question is – is it possible to grow even during such a crisis?
Yes, it is possible. Even if the economy is volatile, it can create many opportunities. Losses may be unavoidable but with the right strategies it is possible to minimize such losses and find techniques that can help in capitalizing the opportunities.
Now, the question what are these techniques? Will that mean reducing all marketing efforts, reducing operations, or increasing profits? Well – the marketing strategies have a major role in enhancing the growth of your business, especially in such situations when the pandemic is raging across the world.
Time to Reach Buyers Online
Cities lockdown and people are in isolation – how will your customers visit your brick and mortar store? To survive, your business has to reach the consumers. This is the time to improve your digital communication. People will be looking for products, updates, answers to their questions and a lot more – everything is online! Thus, your business needs to have an effective digital marketing strategy to brave the storm.
Selling More During the Pandemic
Increasing sales is the first priority for businesses – how to make this possible? Here are some successful ways to ensure that your sales increase.
- Start with your e-commerce site if you still do not have one. It is the only way your customers can start ordering your products directly. Your shop remains open round the clock and your customers can shop whenever they feel like.
- You need to ensure that your delivery services are on time, the prices of the products you offer are affordable and you can meet the demands of your customers.
- You can offer webinars instead of face to face interactions.
- Ensure that your website has an online chat tool. Thus, customers can quickly have a chat and have their questions answered in case of any problem.
- Ensure that there is a detailed FAQ on the website. Your website should also have a strong search facility. Search facility is extremely important especially when you have several products on offer. The search facility will help your buyers find what they need within just a few clicks.
This is just the right time to build, maintain and grow your relationship with customers. Your business might be doing it all to get new customers, but its time to have new strategies so that all your present customers stay back. It is a fact that it is cheaper and less costly to have an old customer than a new one.
So, here are some interesting ways to retain and improve your business relationship with customers:
- You have to meet the requirements of your customers on a timely basis. You have to meet the immediate challenges and long-term goals of your customers, if you desire to keep them for a long-time.
- You need to check that your customers do not find it tough to connect with your business, if they need your services. You have to ensure that they have your customer service numbers. Online chatting is a must with customers. Also, do not forget to have FAQ for your customers so that all their questions are answered.
- You can develop personal relationships with customers as you wish them on their birthday’s or anniversaries.
- It is necessary to be responsive to customer queries no matter what channel you select. You have to keep your promises.
In such times of uncertainty, you have to ensure that you keep your marketing costs minimum. Here are some ways to achieve this:
- It is wise to use automation platforms that can integrate well. You have to select a marketing technology which coordinates well with different management systems. You have to ensure that you can keep a good track of your workflow.
- You need to avoid all unnecessary marketing expenses which will not help your business in times of uncertainties. For example, you can reduce expenses on boards, signs, and other forms of advertisements which you might be using for your brick and mortar store.
However, you have to remember that in times of crisis, you have to invest wisely and spend cautiously. There will be a few things that are beyond your control. So, keep changing your approach as per the results you get.