The raging pandemic needs no introduction – it has affected each one of us in some way or the other. The world is waiting for the pandemic to get over, but still it seems to be a long way. Businesses all over the world have suffered due to lockdown and restrictions imposed on movement of goods and people all over the world. Businesses closed down and companies suffered huge losses, except the Ecommerce stores.
The Loss Suffered by Businesses is Unimaginable
COVID-19 Affect on businesses all over the world is unprecedented. Businesses remained closed for weeks and sales hit ZERO. Lockdown period continued for weeks when shops couldn’t open and sell products. Several perishable items in stores could no longer be used. Companies which did not sell online suffered huge losses.
Today, even after relaxation of lockdown, people are no longer visiting stores as usual. There is a bigf hesitation to visit crowded places. The footfall has completely dwindled as people are finding it safe to purchase from Ecommerce stores. The products are getting delivered at home, with complete adherence to social distancing and sanitizing. Ecommerce stores have become a savior now as people do not want to risk their lives and visit the stores. Thus, in spite of relaxations in lockdown, businesses are not doing well. It is well understood that it will take a lot of time to pick up and this is nowhere in the next few months.
Businesses That Implemented Ecommerce
There are many businesses who have implemented Ecommerce and these are the ones who did not suffer or incur such huge losses. It is wrong to say that we are not affected, but yes Ecommerce stores have witnessed a huge surge in demand in the recent times. There are many reasons why people are now keen to shop products online and get them delivered at home. Here are some of the many reasons for the popularity of Ecommerce and how they make a difference:
- No need to go anywhere – When you choose to buy products online, you do not have to move out of your home. Thus, from the safety of your home, you can get all the products delivered at your doorstep.
- Get a variety of products – Ecommerce stores offer a variety of products. No matter what you wish to buy, it is available online.
- Fair Pricing – This is one of the many advantages of online shopping. In spite of so many advantages, the price of products is fair. People often get a lot of discount and rebates when they choose to shop online.
- Know More about The Products – When you choose to purchase from an online store, you can read the brief descriptions of the products available. This description will provide you an idea about the product, its material or ingredients and also its pricing.
- Safe Distancing – Ecommerce companies are now ensuring complete safety for their delivery staff. Social distancing measures are being practiced by the staff and sanitization is ensured which means total safety when the products are delivered home.
- Return Policy – Ecommerce stores have an effective return policy. Thus, even if you choose the wrong product or you are not happy with your product, you can return it and get your money back.
Thus, businesses which implemented Ecommerce didn’t have to look back even during the period of pandemic.
Do you have a store which has faced the brunt of the pandemic? Why not go online? As an Ecommerce store, your business will soon prosper. There are a few steps which will help you to setup an ecommerce store for your business.
Since you already have your range of products, you need to build your store. You need to understand the different aspects of search engine and a variety of elements. You can get help for building your website from a professional web developer and designer. The designer will consider different facts and create a website with high-converting product pages. You need to have some captivating product descriptions, shoot some great photographs and create a wonderful ecommerce color palette.
The next step is to select a sales channel for the purpose. This is one of the most effective ways of reaching out to new customers and letting others know about your products. You can create a mix of all your sales channels after considering your target customers and products. Once you are prepared with all this, you can launch your website and start functioning as an Ecommerce store.
Do not think again and start your Ecommerce business. We hope the pandemic gets over soon and we return to our normal life, but whatever the situation it is, Ecommerce stores are here to remain long. Online shopping is here to stay – do not wait for another challenging situation to get into Ecommerce business.